RTV 800 Series products represent a break-through in UV / Dual Cure silicone technology. With UV cure speeds of less than three seconds, processing speeds exceed previously obtainable levels. This unique chemistry allows paste products to cure up to 5/8″ thick with minimal energy requirements. Physical properties can be varied including the viscosity of encapsulants from a few hundred centipoises for spraying to several thousand centipoises for thick coating applications. Dual cure products offer assurance that shadow areas unexposed to the ultraviolet light source will fully cure.
Silicone properties with UV speed:
- Excellent thermal stability and weather resistance
- Dielectric properties expected from a silicone
- Production line speed cure rate (3 seconds)
- Depth of cure up to 15 mm (5/8”) depending on product
- Adhesion to common substrates including plastics and metals
- Service temperature of -54°C to 204°C (-65°F to 400°F)