Silicone Greases and Compounds
By combining silicone-lubricating fluids with various thickeners, grease and grease-like compounds with unique physical properties and performance characteristics are created. Novagard is a leading manufacturer of these silicone greases and compounds, which are ideally suited for use in hostile environments and critical lubrication applications. Under most circumstances, silicone-based products provide for a longer service life than many other materials currently available. Silicone lubricants exhibit the following attributes:
- Excellent oxidation resistance and thermal stability.
- Superior hydrolytic stability and water washout resistance.
- Broad operating temperature range (-55 degree C to 200 degree C).
- Exceptional release properties and good lubricity.
- Excellent dielectric properties, corrosion protection, and viscosity stability.
- Chemically inert and compatible with a wide range of substrates.
Silicone Sealants, Adhesives, and Coatings
Novagard specializes in the formulation of RTV (room temperature vulcanates) silicones for a variety of industrial applications. RTV silicone reacts with atmospheric moisture under standard operating conditions to produce an elastomeric network. Novagard RTV silicones exhibit the following attributes:
- Long service life with excellent weathering and oxidation resistance
- Ease of installation, “ready-to-use” products
- Adhesion to most common substrates without the need of a primer
- Broad operating temperature range (-40 degree C to 200 degree C)
- Rapid cure with exceptional green-strength for the quick turn around
- Low odor, and solvent-free with no isocyanates